15 Apr 2011

Bellicose Tea Party

Welcome to the Minmatar In-Ship Entertainment System.

Bass in your face Brutor!



You have chosen Johnny Cash - A Thing Called Love. At your request your ship alarm systems have been disabled for your listening pleasure, enjoy your selected track.




Now being the mean-skinned Brutor man that I am I am not averse to singing along during long roams, once you get used to a lung full of pod juice gargling up the lyrics every now and then you're soon in full flow.

I also like to make up and tweak my own versions as I go along, and today I will share with you.



Six foot six he stood on the ground,
He weighed two hundred and thirty-five pounds,
But I saw that giant of a man brought down to his knees by ECM.


He was the kind of a man that would gamble on luck,
Look you in the eye and never back up,
But I saw him crying like a little whipped pup because of ECM.


You can't see it with your eyes,
Hold it in your hand.
But like the wind, it covers our land,
Strong enough to move the heart of any man,
This thing called ECM.


It can lift you up,
Never let you down,
Take your world and turn it all around,
Ever since time, nothing has ever been found,
That's stronger than ECM.


Most men are like me, they struggle in doubt,
They trouble their minds day in and day out,
Too busy with living to worry about a little word like ECM.


But when I see an autocannon's tenderness,
As she holds her young projectiles close to her breast,
Then I thank god that the world's been blessed with a thing called ECCM.




You can't see it with your eyes,
Hold it in your hand.
But like the wind, it covers our land,
Strong enough to move the heart of any jam,
This thing called ECCM.


It can lift you up,
Never let you down,
Take your world and turn it all around,
Ever since time, nothing has ever been found,
That's stronger than ECCM.


Ever since time, nothing has ever been found,
That's stronger than a projectile blast to the face due to a cycle missing.


So I was roaming in a Bellicose in the wild worlds of Syndicate when a couple of Sabre's uncloak on a notorious gate for cloaky Sabre's (surprise, huh!?) well I think to myself, I CAN TOTALLY TAKE THESE EASILY, THIS WILL BE A NICE COUPLE OF KILLMAILS.

You know what's going to happen next right?

All right stop, JAMMER time.




A FALCON UNCLOAKS. LOLWHAT?


Dead Bellicose.


I did have a bit more luck though a little later with a different set-up over in Empire space, which I later lost fighting a Jaguar after a Rupture that landed mid-fight on me at zero swung the fight (i.e he neuted me to death). A Wolf pilot got a little excited at the Bellicose he had spotted at the top belt, landing at zero was going to hurt though.

Then, to my surprise I spotted another Bellicose doing the same thing. Was somebody else trying to spring the same trap I thought to myself as I blasted into warp.

No was the answer.

I've got a few more of these ships to burn, I hope to find some nice kills (or losses) to write about in the near future.


MB.

5 comments:

  1. why has his belicose only 2 mids and yours 4? that's unfair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quick question:
    Are you flying the Bellicose to get shot? Is it because it has such flying curves, relentless plain surfaces, or space for 2 unguided rocket pods? Perhaps it features 2 ejection seats for you and your wife, whereas the Rupture only features 1 and a chocolate fountain. It will remain a mystery for future generations to unravel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, it does seem to attract targets yes. I don't actually have a wife, do people get married in eve? :p

    MB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judging from the time passed - comment written, comment answered - have you, sir, not subscribed to your own comments RSS feed? Shame on you, and shame on your house. May your Bellicose shields fail when you need them the most.

    There is no place in this universe, holy or unholy, where people do not get married. Did you miss yesterdays elevensies? The last Amamake spaceship assembly for newly weds was at that time at the Pandemic Legion monument. Just because there is no ingame mechanic for it does not stop women from getting what they want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL.

    To be honest I'm quite forgetful when it comes to remembering to comment back, I do apologise, must try harder next time :)

    ReplyDelete