26 Jun 2011

Meet the Rebels - Durzo Smith

I had been loitering in the access bay at hangar C77, as instructed, for some time now, the next Black Rebel I was to meet went by the name of Durzo Smith, a Brutor. I wasn't sure what to expect but I had been told by some senior technician checking over a smoking Rifter hull that he was running a little late after getting 'held up' during a combat run.

Not long after, Durzo emerged from the locker rooms over in the corner, striding meaningfully towards me, a giant of a man he looked menacing but as he drew closer he offered a faint smile and a quick nod, after a very firm, strong handshake we were soon in business.

"Hey, lets make this quick, there's a bar stool upstairs with my name on it" .....


Durzo Smith




Tell us a little bit about your background in New Eden.

I was born to fight among the stars so rather than spend my life planetside I joined the capsuleer programme and entered a whole new world of space exploration and immortal life. In order to gain the skills I needed for combat I starting looking for a pirate corp that could teach me the ways of combat.


I eventually joined The Black Rabbit Academy which gave me an understanding of living in low sec (the bad lands) and combat. I took part in some gate camps and managed some solo kills but due to politics the corp had issues and I moved on.


I then spent some time in high sec running missions to repair my reputation with Concord before suffering from the withdrawal of 1v1 combat.


I decided to move away from "home" and started engaging in solo combat wherever I could find it.


How did you become a Black Rebel?


I write a blog about my life and Saftsuze eve mailed me, suggesting I join the comms channel used by the Rebels. Around the same time I "bumped" into the CEO of the Rebels in Arnon and challenged him to a duel. His Rifter destroyed my Punisher and that was it, I applied to the corp and that's where I will be staying.


What were you doing before you joined the Black Rebels?


Denying myself the thrill of combat by running missions for "the man" in high sec areas.


What is a Black Rebel?


Black Rebel's are rifter loving combat pilots that ignore the stress and pressure of "performing" and take pleasure in the art of solo combat in whatever form it takes. However we are not opposed to fleeting up and causing mayhem when necessary so watch out.


How did you hear about the Black Rebels?


Did I mention I have a blog?? The Durzo Chronicles and I was contacted by Saftsuze who suggested I pop by for a chat (yes, yes it's a shameless plug for my own blog).


Is it true you need a tattoo to be considered for entry?


Yes afraid so, it's a tradition that you have a picture of SaftSuze tattooed onto one arse cheek, this is there as a reminder to always check your "six" in combat (nothing to do with his sexual preference).


The Rifter, tell me more?


Ah the rifter, ugly compared to some other ships put there isn't a more robust, agile and deadly frigate than a Rifter. Yes it might be held together by duct tape, leak fuel like a bitch, but even when your cap has been sucked dry those AC's will still keep firing laying waste to ships larger than itself. Not many people know that a Rifter is actually suppose to have flames coming out of it, and if it doesn't then you're not flying it properly.


Are all Black Rebels unwashed scumbags whose only goal in life is to terrorize those they tag as 'the enemy'?


Unwashed? That's a matter of opinion, as for the other bit not sure what point you are trying to make?? An enemy is anyone that returns your target lock and doesn't leave in a pod.


Tell me about your corpmates?


To be honest these guys are awesome, chilled back, no politics, it's all about the combat, rifters and having fun. Solo or in a fleet you are never alone and the people I've flown with are all in it for the same thing, COMBAT, and flaming Rifters.


Describe a typical day in the life of a Rebel.


Ship up, undock and find someone to shoot. If you can't find it, create it. Targets are all around it's just about being clever.

Durz.


End of transcript ////

No comments:

Post a Comment