12 Dec 2011

Like a Nebulae to the Face

I have been blindly running eve on the lowest graphics settings for some time now. I had forgotten entirely that my settings were on this rock bottom level of detail. So come the new patch day I wasn't really blown away by the new nebulae and engine trails, what engine trails? The nebulae all looked a bit samey and overall I thought it was all a bit meh.


Doh.


I noticed this last night after looking through my settings. I immediately whacked all the settings to maximum (all the way to 11) and ticked all the effects boxes (GTX 550 Ti overclocked card ftw) and all I can say is WOW.


Completely blown away. The detail is sweet, the engine trails impressive.



Silly me.



MB.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah they are awesome! And you can run a couple of clients again without having a fire extinguisher beside the PC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you drank more whiskey this would not happen. Just saying Boss.

    FD FR

    JS

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure is nice eh?

    Going on a roam in a bit... might even EVEN make it down to Metropolis this time (I usually die before I get there).

    ReplyDelete