12 Jul 2012

Red Rinse

Great Wildlands. 

"Pirates. Scoundrels. Vagabonds. The most enigmatic of all the Minmatar tribes members are called many things, but no one truly knows them. I have researched them perhaps more than any scholar alive and still I feel I've barely scratched the surface." 

- The Travels of Germone Ferush  



There is an odd sense of peace out in the loneliest reaches of space, in the forgotten regions, the barren waste and endless sprawl of system after system. Just you and the void and the magnificent glow of the stars and the twinkle of a far off nebulae. 

Chasing the dream and turning over another pay day. 

Yesterday I slipped through Molden Heath and into the Great Wildlands in nothing but a battered old Drake that I had won in a card game, a packet of red-striped smokes in my pocket and a missile bay chocked full of Caldari's finest. 

Strange memories on this nervous night in the emptiness. Ten hours later? Sixteen? Damn... It seems like a lifetime. *Chapter II was a very special time and place to be a part of. Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run… but no explanation, no mix of words or killmails or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and space. Whatever it meant.…

Less than 24 hours and a missile refill later, I was done and on my way out of the hell hole. The vicious circle had gripped me hard, just another notch in the CONCORD data chain and with no sense of time--like a machine with the override plug ripped out, almost conveyor like and in a trance.

Just shy of a full day after I went in with my -10 badge of dishonour I was now sporting a -1.9 clean one. I didn't know why. I had no plan or grand vision. I just went in and did it. 

Now I guess I can set loose the cannon in highsec again. Who knows what can happen in the mind of the mad man in the safety pen with an itchy trigger finger and a clean break. I'll give myself three weeks before I'm lusting for my lowsec gates again, as the vicious circle kicks back in. But for now I hope to find something amusing to article from my vacation in the safe lands. 


Watch this space.



MB. 


* Chapter II in the history of the Rebels is often defined as the period after the second formation of the corporation and involved a high percentage of shenanigans, terror campaigns, wars and general dumbfuckery in the highsec playground of New Eden. 



8 comments:

  1. No more -10....makes me sad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe. I rat it up every few months.... I'll be -10 again before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw you in (I think it was) Placid low sec the other day. It would have been an honor to have died by you but I had to run and deal with aggro of a different kind (from one of my kids) :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll pay you 5m isk/hr to rat up mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deal! If you could just give me your password and bank account details and then you can wire me the monies :)

      Delete
  5. Welcome to high sec MB :)

    Maybe I'll see you around on one my regular journeys that are funnily enough the opposite of yours. From high sec to null :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I am going to be making use of the highsec>null entry points while I can..... expect some glorious deaths to nullsec death camps soon. :)

      Delete